AI Content Creation in Healthcare – Vine Digital’s Point of View
In today’s world, AI content generation is making waves, and healthcare is no exception. With the advent of powerful AI tools, such as OpenAI’s GPT, healthcare professionals now have the opportunity to craft stories, answer queries, and process information more efficiently than ever.
This technology, which has already been used in SEO and copywriting for years now, has the potential to reshape the way we create content in the healthcare sector. So, let’s dive into how AI content creation can impact and benefit the healthcare industry.
Table of Contents
- Potential Limitations and Challenges of AI-Generated Content in Healthcare
- Legal Constraints and Responsibility
- The Role of Human Experts in AI-generated Content:
- Suitability of AI-generated Content in Health and Wellness:
- The Importance of Data in AI Content Generation
Potential Limitations and Challenges of AI-Generated Content in Healthcare
While AI-generated content offers numerous advantages for healthcare brands, it’s essential to consider the potential limitations and challenges specific to its use:
- Accuracy and reliability: AI-generated content might contain inaccuracies, especially when dealing with complex medical topics. While human-written content can also contain errors, the risks may be amplified with AI-generated content due to the lack of human intuition and context understanding. In addition, the current LLMs available to most have limited and outdated knowledge (ChatGPT web knowledge was cut off after September 2021). Even though it is possible to feed AIs with fresh and updated information, human experts must always verify the information to ensure it is accurate and reliable for readers.
- Lack of empathy and personal touch: AI-generated content might not capture the emotional nuances and empathy that human writers can provide, which is essential for building trust with readers in the healthcare sector.
- Adherence to regulations: Healthcare content must comply with strict regulations and guidelines. Healthcare professionals are still required to ensure all AI-generated content meets these requirements can be challenging and time-consuming.
- Complacency in content creation: The efficiency of AI-generated content may lead healthcare marketers to become less cautious and take less responsibility for the content created. It’s essential for marketers to maintain vigilance and ensure that the quality, accuracy, and relevance of content are not compromised.
- Updating and maintaining AI-generated content: Healthcare brands may accumulate a large volume of AI-generated content, making it challenging to maintain its accuracy. Brands should consider implementing processes to monitor, review, and update content regularly to avoid potential risks associated with outdated or inaccurate information.
Since we covered the potential challenges in using AI to produce healthcare content, we will now examine how healthcare brands can navigate legal requirements, take full responsibility for the content created, involve human expertise, and determine the type of content they can produce with AI.
Legal Constraints and Responsibility
In the health and wellness industry, taking responsibility for content creation is crucial (Why Healthcare content is held to a higher standard), especially when using AI-generated content.
When AI tools are employed for content production, there is a risk of becoming complacent and over-relying on the technology.
If errors occur in AI-generated content, it is essential for a human expert to oversee the creation of the content, whether it be a copywriter, editor, content strategist, or in-house specialist.
Although legislation has not yet set parameters for AI-generated content, it is important for health and wellness companies to establish who will be accountable for the content produced both in general and specifically by AI.
To be compliant with Australian legislation, health content must be accurate, up-to-date, and supported by scientific evidence, regardless of whether it is AI-generated or human-written.
Avoid making unsubstantiated claims or providing misleading information that could potentially harm readers or patients.
By establishing clear responsibility guidelines and ensuring content accuracy, health and wellness companies can benefit from the efficiency and scalability AI offers while remaining compliant with legal constraints.
The Role of Human Experts in AI-generated Content:
In the health and wellness industry, the importance of human expertise in AI-generated content cannot be understated.
While the benefits of using AI tools are clearly documented – from cutting costs to increasing the quantity of content created, they lack the in-depth understanding and critical thinking that human expertise provides.
Human experts play a critical role in providing data, facts, and claims from which AI-generated content can be produced. These experts should be responsible for and focus on conducting thorough research and generating new data to feed AI tools.
Ultimately, all information acquired with the help of AI should be vetted by human experts to ensure accuracy and reliability.
As mentioned previously, healthcare brands must clearly define the person or team responsible for the AI-generated content, maintaining oversight and taking full responsibility for the content created.
Trust is a vital aspect of content creation, particularly in the health and wellness industry. To build trust with their audience, healthcare brands need to establish a human connection that AI alone cannot provide.
As we will discuss further in the next section, human experts play a central role in leveraging AI tools while maintaining responsibility for the content.
This approach ensures the content remains accurate, trustworthy, and valuable to readers, ultimately enhancing the brand’s reputation and credibility.
Suitability of AI-generated Content in Health and Wellness:
AI-generated content has proven to be a valuable asset for specific applications in the health and wellness industry, making content production more efficient and cost-effective. Examples of content types well-suited for AI generation in healthcare include:
- Building outlines and efficient article structures: AI can help create coherent and logical content plans, ensuring a seamless flow of information for the reader.
- Optimising existing content: AI can analyse and identify areas of improvement in previously published content, enhancing readability and engagement.
- Reusing content already published to create new pages or articles: AI can repurpose existing content, allowing healthcare brands to explore new angles or present information in a fresh way.
- Page titles, ad copy, and short descriptions: AI excels in creating attention-grabbing titles and concise descriptions that can improve click-through rates and search engine optimization.
- Editing existing content: AI can identify grammar, punctuation, and syntax errors, allowing for quick and efficient editing.
- Conducting sentiment analysis on existing copy: AI can evaluate the tone and sentiment of content, helping healthcare brands ensure their messaging aligns with their target audience’s preferences.
- Building interactive content: such as quizzes, calculators, games, polls and surveys, maps, and infographics: AI can generate engaging, interactive elements that boost user experience and encourage audience interaction.
- Visualisation graphics or charts: AI can also create informative and visually appealing graphics or charts based on provided data, enhancing the presentation of complex information.
While some healthcare brands may already be using AI to assist in content creation, like DxCheck.com, transparency about AI-generated content is crucial in building trust with consumers.
As AI continues to improve, healthcare brands must strike a balance between leveraging AI-generated content and maintaining human oversight and responsibility for the information they publish.
The Importance of Data in AI Content Generation
Data plays a pivotal role in AI content generation, especially for healthcare brands and companies. The more extensive and high-quality the data, the better the AI-generated content will be.
There are two essential elements for creating valuable AI content: the expertise of the human responsible for the content and the data used in the process.
Recently, OpenAI started releasing “ChatGPT Plugins” for companies with large amounts of data. These plugins integrate directly into the ChatGPT experience, providing users with instant access to valuable information and services. Companies with unique and valuable data can leverage AI content generation tools to create great content in various ways.
Customer feedback and reviews:
Healthcare brands with a vast collection of honest reviews on products, such as nutrition supplements, can use AI to analyse the reviews and provide a list of the best supplements based on various criteria like price, taste, effectiveness, safety, and quality of ingredients.
Fitness e-commerce websites with a comprehensive product catalogue can use AI to generate user-friendly content for product pages in bulk, incorporating data like weight, size, colours, materials, and key features.
Healthcare brands with a history of creating blog articles on specific topics can repurpose existing content with AI. For example, if you are a brand covering the topic of “Better Sleep” and you have many articles published about that topic, you could generate a comprehensive article on “Better Sleep” by utilising previously published content or creating short, engaging Instagram posts out of a long-form article about stress and sleep.
The more surveys, polls, and research a healthcare brand can conduct, the better it will be for content marketing across industries.
AI-generated content offers promising opportunities for healthcare and YMYL industries, as long as they maintain compliance with regulations and prioritise accuracy.
By incorporating human expertise alongside AI tools, healthcare brands can efficiently create valuable content while ensuring trustworthiness and credibility.
Embracing AI in content creation can lead to improved SEO performance and increased social media reach, unlocking new possibilities for healthcare brands in the digital landscape.
Reach out to us if you’re considering integrating AI into your content production process and would like to discuss the possibilities and potential benefits for your healthcare brand.
Enhancing SEO Analysis with GPT-4 and Google Search...
Picture a world where SEO analysis and content optimisation transform from time-consuming chores into seamless, insightful endeavours. Say hello to the AI-driven future of digital...Read More
Leveraging AI for in-Bulk Keyword Research in Aged...
One of the key aspects of SEO is identifying the right keywords to target for better search visibility. In this article, we will explore how...Read More
Join the Newsletter
Want quick and digestible insights, delivered fortnightly to your inbox?
Our newsletter will keep you up to speed with the latest updates and opportunities in your industry.