Google Rating
5.0
Based on 22 reviews

PPC: Lebara Mobile

 

Key Achievements

  1. 2x conversion rate: From 2.22 % to 4.80%
  2. 2x overall number of conversions
  3. Halved client’s cost of converting website visitors

BACKGROUND

Lebara sells SIM cards with international and national calls. They are a market leader in Australia and have a highly seasonal market with peak season between November – February and off-peak during winter.

FACTS

It’s important to emphasise that we didn’t increase the spend on Brand terms, instead we halved it.
We didn’t change the proportion of cost between the brand and the general keywords.
The majority of promotions were based on our client’s business decisions. We provided analyses to show them which products to focus on.

How we doubled Lebara’s PPC conversion rate, and lowered Google Ads cost-per-conversion by 49.54 %
We love conversion rate optimization and cost-per-conversion optimization because this is the most measurable way to appraise the performance of an account. This case study will show how through restructuring the campaigns ad group set, sound analysis and taking swift and informed action we achieved amazing results for Lebara.

OUR APPROACH

Step 1.
The Lebara brand name is extremely competitive that is why we needed to use this brand name as a keyword as well. We remarketed to visitors of the brand campaign through the Display Network, which proved highly effective. We brought new visitors and captured the traffic via a Similar Audience, Shopping campaigns and General/competitor keywords and we retargeted them with Search, Shopping and Display Network.

Step 2.
We restructured the campaigns and on the Search Network we created more ad groups for each specific phrase and also used cross exclusions. We excluded some irrelevant phrases which were related to customer service for example.

Step 3.
We broke down the Shopping campaign by products. This meant that we could increase the bid of the specific products in the current promotion.

Step 4.
On the Display Network we created different remarketing lists, where we could monitor which list was performing better. We targeted different devices separately, because we saw that people converted differently on each particular device.

Step 5.
We broke down location targeting by states and the biggest Australian cities to make it easier to make bid adjustments on location level as well.

RESULTS

We compared the 1 July – 30 Sept period with 1 May – 30 June period and we could see an increase in the number of conversions by +140.79%. We decreased the cost/conversion by 49.54%, and the cost/conversion by 49.54% during this period. We increased the conversion rate by an incredible 115.62%.